You already know that I am a huge fan of the FilterCam HUD by MechanizedLife. I love anything that makes my life easier, and the FilterCam does just that by eliminating the need for post-processing my photos. Considering my very limited Photoshop skills, this tool is invaluable to me. This is a photo I took earlier this week and uploaded directly from in-world. I didn’t even have to crop it. All of the effects were provided by FilterCam and Windlight. What could be easier?
Now, we want to see how YOU use the FilterCam HUD, and we’re giving you some incentive. MechanizedLife is holding a FilterCam Photo Competition with support from the makers of the Avimote PoseMaker HUD. The prize packages total more than L$15,000 and everything you need to know to enter is listed below. Just be sure to get your entries in before the end of the month. And please, don’t hesitate to leave a comment here or drop me an IM in-world if you have any questions! Good Luck!
What: FilterCam Photo Contest
When: 6 February through 28 February 2010, Winners announced 1 March 2010
1st Prize - L$5000 + Avimote PoseMaker Personal Edition (L$2450 value)
2nd Prize - L$2500 + Avimote PoseMaker Personal Edition (L$2450 value)
3rd Prize - L$1000 + Avimote PoseMaker Personal Edition (L$2450 value)
Prizes will also include: MechanizedLife gear and Tillie’s Posestands
- All entries must originate in Second Life and must be created using the FilterCam HUD by MechanizedLife
- Entries must be submitted to the FilterCam Flickr Group
- Entries must include the tag “FILTERCAM CONTEST”
- Post-processing is permitted, but should be used sparingly as the idea behind the FilterCam HUD is to create beautiful in-world snapshots that do not require extensive post work.
- A descripton of the filter/mask used and any post-processing applied should be included in the photo description.
- You may use any of the filters/masks included with the FilterCam HUD or you may create and use filters/masks of your own design.
- You may submit up to 3 entries.
- Entries can be submitted through 12:00am SLT on Sunday, 28 February 2010, at which time judging will begin. Late entries will not be considered.
- Winners will be announced on Monday, 1 March 2010 at 5pm SLT and prizes will be distributed at that time.
The following individuals have agreed to participate as judges for this competition.
- CodeBastard Redgrave - Owner, MechanizedLife and Creator of the FilterCam HUD
- Gabby Panacek - PR Manager, MechanizedLife
- Ryker Beck - Second Life artist and designer, creator of many of the filters/masks included with the FilterCam HUD
- Stephen Venkman - Second Life Artist and Photographer
- Tillie Ariantho - Second Life Photographer and Creator of Tillie’s Posing Stand with HUD
- Jori Watler - Second Life Photographer and Jewelry Designer
About FilterCam HUD
FilterCam is a fantastic visual effects HUD system which makes it effortless to add a variety of high quality special effects to your pictures or when filming machinima. Over 80 high quality masks and filters are provided, including a picture frame and keyhole, as well as blood, cinema, circle, clear, grunge, iphone, nightvision, oval, postcard, scanlines, square, tryptic, and wanted.
FilterCam Tutorial: Creating Masks & Adding Custom Filters to the HUD
Ryker’s Tutorial for making your own filters
About Avimote PoseMaker
The Avimote PoseMaker HUD allows Second Life residents to pose their avatars in any position they like, right where they are, without the need for external tools. It can be used to override part of an existing pose, such as when a hand is stuck in a skirt, or to create complete new poses.